GENERAL PROCUREMENT NOTICE
Grant No. TF 018233
Project ID No. P128437
The Bay of Bengal Programme Inter-Governmental Organisation (BOBP-IGO) has received a grant to the amount of US$ 2,199,949 equivalent from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) toward the implementation of the Ocean Partnership for Sustainable Fisheries and Biodiversity Conservation – Models for Innovation and Reform (P 128437). In accordance with the Grant Agreement, the BOBP-IGO intends to apply part of the proceeds for procurement of goods, works, related services and consulting services under this project.
The project development objective is to catalyze investment into selected transformational public-private partnership that mainstream the sustainable management of highly migratory fish stocks spanning areas within and beyond national jurisdictions.
The project has six components:
Procurement of contracts financed by the World Bank will be conducted through the procedures as specified in the World Bank's Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits (January 2011), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the guidelines. Consulting services will be selected in accordance with the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (January2011).
- Component 1 will provide institutional strengthening and support to the BOBP-IGO.
- Component 2 will identify and evaluate the opportunities and constraints relevant to the fisheries sector of south India and Fay of Bengal (BOB) region in general.
- Component 3 will design and implement a supportive Indian Ocean Tuna Commission (IOTC)-BOB sub-regional management approach and processes for highly migratory species in south India.
- Component 4 will build human and institutional capacity within fisheries sector.
- Component 5 will focus on knowledge management.
- Component 6 will develop the business case for future investment in areas within and beyond national jurisdictions in south India and BOB
Specific procurement notices for contracts for consultancy services will be announced, as they become available, in UN Development Business (in case of international consultancies) and in leading local newspapers and employment portals (in case of national consultancies).
Interested eligible bidders who wish to be included on the mailing list to receive an invitation to bid under ICB procedures, and interested consultants who wish to receive a copy of the advertisement, or those requiring additional information, should contact the addresses below:
The Project Manager
World Bank Ocean Partnership for Sustainable Fisheries
and Biodiversity Conservation - Bay of Bengal Project
O/o Bay of Bengal Programme IGO
91, St. Mary's Road, Abhirampuram
Chennai - 600 018, INDIA
Tel: (0091) 44 2493 6188; Fax: (0091) 44 2493 6102
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org