The BOBP-IGO undertakes policy research on national and international fisheries and environmental issues to aid in sustainable fisheries management in the region. The IGO recognises the vast expertise available in the region and proposes to channelize this cumulative wisdom to strengthen the evidence-based science-policy interface.
The BOBP-IGO is building a transdisciplinary team of experts, namely “Bay of Bengal Policy Research Group - BOBPRG”, to work closely with the Organisation and its full-range of stakeholders on contemporary questions and challenges. The BOBPRG will act as a knowledge platform by bringing together expert institutions and individuals to tackle specific thematic areas of concern and steer forward sustained progress. Evidence from the field, synergy in action, inter-disciplinarily in approach, prioritisation of member countries’ interest, and efficient adoption of state-of-the-art methodologies and technologies would be the guiding principles.
The BOBP-IGO provides a platform for the career/independent researchers as BOB Fellows, who can be part of the BOBPRG.
- The BOBP Fellowship is open to career/independent researchers from the any part of the world including those from the member-countries of the BOBP-IGO (Bangladesh, India, Maldives, Sri Lanka).
- Individuals affiliated with Universities, R&D institutions, Think Tanks, NGOs, Civil Society organisations, etc.
- Women candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
- The BOB Fellows shall choose to work on any one or more of the identified thematic research areas, matching with their interest and expertise.
- The BOB Fellows will get to work alongside and under the guidance of a panel of advisers, comprising eminent scientists / subject matter specialists from the region and from across the globe.
- The Fellows will have ample scope of networking with them and also plan joint research projects and publications with them.
- The Selected Fellows can get involved voluntarily in identifying emerging policy research issues, collaborative project development, mentoring interns and knowledge dissemination. The BOBP Fellows shall contribute to the discussions virtually on the thematic discussions as coordinated by the BOBP Secretariat.
- The Fellows will have unlimited access to all resources of the IGO.
- BOB Fellows will be given participatory opportunities, subject to matching skills and interests in relevant consultancy assignments/projects.
- The IGO will meet the travel and contingency expenses in connection with the research undertaken by the Fellows as decided in the BOBPRG.
- Brief profile of the selected Fellows will be displayed in the official website of BOBP-IGO as a part of BOBPRG.
Terms / Process
- The applications will be screened by an expert committee and the selected persons will be intimated within 7 working days.
- Those researchers serving in any public, private or any civil society organization will be expected to obtain consent from their respective competent authority for associating with the IGO as BOBP Fellow.
- BOBP Fellowship is a voluntary virtual knowledge platform of BOB Policy Research Group where the professionals contribute on thematic issues of their expertise.
Interested persons may:Register here