- The Organisation shall have a Governing Council on which each Member shall be represented. The Governing Council shall be the supreme body of the Organisation.
- The Governing Council shall hold an annual session at such time and place, as it shall determine.
- Special sessions of the Governing Council may be convened by the Director at the request of not less than two-thirds of the Members.
- The Governing Council may, in its Rules of Procedure, establish a procedure whereby the Chairman of the Governing Council may obtain a vote of the Members on a specific question without convening a meeting of the Council.
- The Governing Council shall elect a Chairman and a Vice-Chairman.
- Each Member shall have one vote. Unless otherwise provided in this Agreement, decisions of the Governing Council shall be taken by a majority of the votes cast. A majority of the Members shall constitute a quorum.
- The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) shall be invited to be represented at meetings of the Governing Council in an advisory capacity.
- Donor Governments may be represented at meetings of the Governing Council in accordance with an agreement concluded with the Organisation under Article 15 of this Agreement.
TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
- The Governing Council shall establish a Technical Advisory Committee composed of one representative designated by each Member of the Organisation.
- The representatives designated on the Technical Advisory Committee shall be persons with special competence and expertise in the field of coastal fisheries.
- The Technical Advisory Committee shall meet at least once a year and at any time at the request of the Governing Council.
- At its annual meeting, the Committee shall designate one of the Committee members as Chairman who shall convene the next annual meeting of the Technical Advisory Committee.
- The Technical Advisory Committee shall advise the Governing Council on all technical aspects of the activities of the Organisation.
- At each session, the Technical Advisory Committee shall adopt a report, which shall be submitted to the Governing Council within seven days of such adoption.
- FAO shall be invited to be represented at Meetings of the Technical Advisory Committee. Where appropriate, representatives of Donor Governments and of other organisations or institutions shall also be invited to be represented at such sessions.